Dave Odom wrote:

Even though I HATE to say this, look at how Windoz does the SEARCH...,

Dave:

I take it that you haven't actually _tried_ it.

I just opened a file in Notepad, copied a string of text from it (a dozen letters or so), pasted that into the [Containing text:] entry box for Search, directed the search to start in the directory containing the file that I copied from (in order to get a decent response time), and pressed <Search now>.

Result? "Search is complete. No results to display."

I can provide many examples if necessary. It's not always so easy under Windows as some think. What kind of "file" was it? SQL Server .mbf file, of course. And, of course, I had to shutdown SQL Server just to get the file open in Notepad in the first place...

Tom Liotta