From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of James Lampert
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2008 8:05 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Search OS/400 Physical Files

Dave Odom wrote:
As to checking out PDM-25... what's that? I don't find any option
F25 anywhere in PDM.

F25? 5250 data stream only has 24 function keys!

At any rate, Option 25 is one of the options shown above the subfile
sections of the FILE and MEMBER screens. Press F23 to cycle through the
available pages of option listings; you'll eventually see it.

At any rate, enter "25" next to any of the files or members you want to
search, press ENTER, and you'll get a screen asking you what to look
for, and what to do if it finds it.

Up until this afternoon, I wasn't even aware that the FILE screen had an
Option 25, although I use the MEMBER version of the option with some
regularity.