Re: Search OS/400 Physical Files

fixed

Check out PDM-25

We normally use PDM for software development, unless you on CODE/whatever
nowadays, but PDM can access just about any type of object on the 400, then
you can use PDM-25 to search for stuff, or PDM-54 to compare two similar
objects.

With SQL/400 and RPG/400 we can in fact search for strings.

I use the LIKE function of Query/400 so my engineers can search for stuff
inside of descriptions, like NUT BOLT SCREW etc. ... there's a word they
interested in & they want to find out what items have that word some place
in their description.

On Wed, 09 Jul 2008 12:20:27 -0700, Dave Odom wrote
Seems like the native OS "find" capabilities are WAYYY outdated and
not anything like the Windoz Search function. And it also sounds
like one must depend on utilities created for other OS's or some
other vendor's tools to accomplish a simple global function like
search global for a string which is native in most other OS's. If
true, it doesn't bode well for the IBM i. How sad.

Dave