Yes you can, but it is slow.

CRPence wrote:

Shannon ODonnell wrote:

Does anyone know of a utility that will allow you to do a generic
search of OS/400 one or more physical files (singly or all at once)
for records containing a particular character string?

I'm thinking of something like the Windows Search function which
allows you to search for files containing a string within them.

I wonder if one of the unix-type commands I could run in Qshell would
have something that would work.

Not sure from the question if tried already. Could you not just use /the Windows Search function/ against a mapped drive to root? Then just like any directory, choose and search against the /QSYS.LIB ??

Regards, Chuck