Coalesce() or a case statement should work
.

jamesl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 07/08/2008 4:27:47 PM >>>
Ok, so I'm pouring the result of a Left Outer Join into a PF (to be read

by a program that uses Native RLA), and one of the fields "of interest"
is nulled out in several records (as is normal with a Left Outer Join).

If I simply pour it into a file that doesn't allow nulls, it complains
that I'm trying to put null values into fields that don't allow them.

If I change the file I'm pouring my result into, so that it accepts
nulls in the field in question, it works fine, but with an ALWNULL field

as one of the keys, I'm not so sure this thing is very RLA-friendly.

Is there a way that I can change either my query or my PF, so that the
nulls turn into something else before they get to the PF?