James, et al.

You might look at the AS/400 Online Library at

Manuals can be had back to V3R2 - and sometimes those are useful. The page shows links only back to V4 but if you replace the VR part of the URL, you can get V3R7 and V3R2.

And some of the older manuals are better than the newer ones, IMO.

From: James Lampert <jamesl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

DeLong, Eric wrote:
Looks like V5R1 was the initial release supporting RIGHT OUTER and RIGHT
EXCEPTION joins...

Thanks. We don't actually need to run anything further back than our
V4R4 development box, but it's the V4R2 Softcopy CD that I keep handy,
and it didn't even mention that type of join.

James H. H. Lampert
Touchtone Corporation