Re: Weird CCSID problem ... CHGPF changing TWO files

fixed

Bill wrote:
Have you tried specifying a different library instead of qtemp?

Yes, same behavior.

Have you tried a different tofile name instead of exactly the same as
the fromfile? Since the file names are all substitution variables,
changing the tofile might not be easily done.

Good idea, we'll give that a shot.

Is there a distinct reason for the CpyF? I believe that ChgPF does
all of the copying out and back for you, so that's just an extra
step.

Yes, when you change the CCSID on a file, existing data in the file is
not updated to reflect the new value. We're copying the data out in the
original CCSID, then back so it will be transcoded to the new CCSID.

david