Re: Weird CCSID problem ... CHGPF changing TWO files

fixed

David Gibbs wrote:
The logic is pretty darn simple ...

CPYF FROMFILE(ORIGLIB/ORIGFILE) TOFILE(QTEMP/ORIGFILE) CRTFILE(*YES)
CHGPF FILE(ORIGLIB/ORIGFILE) CCSID(5026)
CPYF FROMFILE(QTEMP/ORIGFILE) TOFILE(ORIGLIB/ORIGFILE) MBROPT(*REPLACE) FMTOPT(*MAP)

(the ORIGLIB & ORIGFILE are both variables, but I know the values are correct).

Oddly enough, if we run the steps by hand (in an interactive job), the copy works perfectly. This problem only happens when we run the copy in a batch job.

Whenever something runs differently betweeen interactive and batch, first thing I always check is library list difference. Sinc you are being explicit in the libraries, that wouldn't seem to apply in this instance.

Have you tried specifying a different library instead of qtemp? Have you tried a different tofile name instead of exactly the same as the fromfile? Since the file names are all substitution variables, changing the tofile might not be easily done.

Is there a distinct reason for the CpyF? I believe that ChgPF does all of the copying out and back for you, so that's just an extra step.

Bill