From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Philipp Rusch
Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2008 1:41 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: M25 Memory

Chris Bipes schrieb:
Does anyone on this list have a source for memory for a M25? IBM wants'
40K for 32GB. That is outrageous. I am hoping that there may be used
memory from an older Power 5+ system such as a 595 or so that would be
compatible with the new Power 6 M25.

Hey one can hope! But if any one know of a source for less expensive

Chris Bipes
Director of Information Services
CrossCheck, Inc.

have you looked at ? Just search for 9408-M25 They seem to have iSeries, err POWER memory for the M25:

Standard Memory: 2 GB

Maximum Memory: 16 GB
with current Kingston products
32 GB
with release of 16GB Kit

Expansion: 4 Sockets (2 Banks
of 2)

Bus Architecture: PCI
Express; PCI-X

Mfgr's System P/N's: N/A

Comments Mixing of different capacity modules is NOT supported

From their info I think the 32 GB isn't available at the moment ... may explain the price.
Here in Germany Kingston wants 492,- Euro per 8 GB Kit which gives 984,- Euro for
16 GB, which is far away from your price. And as far as I know, IBM service accepts memory from Kingston in their systems/service contracts.