Hart, Doug - EI wrote:
Thanks Scott but I am already at *LOCAL on each LPAR. And the names
I'm using for my VLAN are different than my wired network. My new VLAN
controller is ABOX and the RMTCPNAME (ABOX).

"Wired"
Corp400A
Corp400A.APPN.SNA.IBM.COM

"VLAN"
ABOX
ABOX.APPN.SNA.IBM.COM

Doug:

Just in case...

Is that how they are specified? In that order?

I.e., is the short-alias listed first in the host table entry, followed by the fully-qualified name?

I ask because in some previous releases, some IBM server functions _expected_ the fully-qualified name to be the primary entry and other, shorter names to be "aliases". By setting the host table entry to be strictly compliant, the affected servers would work.

Retrieval of host names for addresses is a little different when the name is one of the aliases. We have our AnyNet names specified the same as yours [seem to be], but we haven't switched. Maybe a value was stored in a *DEVD or other object and now isn't resolving properly. Simply making the noted switch _might_ affect resolution. Maybe.

You never know.

Tom Liotta