Re: 515 not performing to full rating due to disk arms?

fixed

Since you can only have 8 drives on a 515, the only constraint would
have be memory.

What are "they" recommending for a box ?

What does this application do and what is the primary language ?

Scott Lindstrom wrote:

In reviewing some vendor proposals for a new system I have one vendor not
recommending a 515 with its maximum of 8 disk drives (mirrored). They say
at this number of drives the normal CPW rating of 3800 is driven down to
800.

I have never heard of a CPW rating being driven down that far before due to
disk arm limitations. Is this something anyone else has heard or
experienced? (We don't need the 3800 CPW - it's overkill for us - but
don't know if coming down to only 800 would be a problem).

Scott