Not too hard....

Hook it to a monitor

Turn it on holding down space bar.

Should now have offline setup.

You can also do the same thing by pressing the
setup key which gives you a complete setup menu.

It will/can work not hooked up to the system.

Use the setup screen to set number of sessions and
address. You can also setup a printer.

Almost "all" options are available through the setup menu.

I'll root around for a manual, but as I recall, they are less
than helpful.

I have one here in my office, so if you get stuck, shoot me
a note and we will figure out the various options.

franz400@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Have a customer of a customer.. purchased a 3488-V dumb terminal
with no manual. Have googled for a while & have not found a manual.
Does anyone have setup instructions for these ancient devices.
jim franz