Re: Copy Member

fixed

I wonder if it'd be easier and safer to copy the whole library to a new Test Library and then change your library list?

Al Mac Wheel wrote:
I'm n V5R1.

I want to copy a logical member to a new member with duplicate contents, with different name, to use in new programs I want to test and tweak outside the job stream. I do not have source code for the old logical member. I was looking for something like CPYLFM.

A job stream, of a ton of programs, creates a logical file member.
Various programs access it via OVRDBF, they populate its physical records, update them, use them, in the job stream, leave the physical data in place, clear the logical member, and delete the overrides.

I want to leave the job stream as is, except before the clearing, copy the logical member to a new member with identical contents, but different name, to use in new programs to be tested and tweaked outside the job stream.

Is that doable?
-
Al Macintyre