When I run a query by taking 9 to replace the file, I get below message
"Query run failed. 0 records added to member DETAILS."
I took 2 to enter into the query and took F5 to see the file , two columns have got
++++++++++ signs in it. I think the issue is bacuse of it. Iam not sure how to correct this and create the file.
when I took F1 , I get below information:
Message . . . . : Query run failed. 0 records added to member DETAILS.
Cause . . . . . : At least one field in a selected record contains incorrect
data, data which could not be converted, or a null value which could not be
inserted into the output file. The data added to the file may be
incomplete.
Recovery . . . : Refer to preceding messages in the job log for details.
If the problem is due to an incompatibility with an existing file, change
your request to create a new file or change your record selections to omit
records with values that cannot be inserted into fields in the existing
file, then run the changed query. If bad decimal data or unwanted
substitution characters are involved, correct the data in the input field
records or change the query definition processing options so that Query
repairs decimal data errors or ignores use of substitution characters.
To determine which input field values are in error, run the query (or SQL
SELECT statement) with detail output to display. Query fills a numeric
field with plus (+) signs if the field contains incorrect decimal or
floating-point data, or if the field is affected by a divide by zero error.
Query fills a non-numeric field with plus (+) signs if the field has a
conversion error running to the display or if the field contains data that
is not correct. However, the conversions needed to run to the display may
differ from those needed to put records in the member. Query shows a dash
(-) for null values.
In Query, go to the Select Output Type and Output Form display, then type
a 1 in the Output type prompt or press F5 on any display to see the report.
In interactive SQL, use PF13 to enter the Interactive SQL Session Services
panel. Choose the Change Session Attributes option, then take the SELECT
Output Device option to make the change.
Or, to display the output using the RUNQRY command, you can specify
*DISPLAY on the OUTTYPE parameter.
After you have determined which fields are in error and corrected them,
run the query again.

when I take F10 , I see below info: WRKQRY
Query run failed. 0 records added to member DETAILS.
Data mapping error on member YUSAF1.
Data mapping error on member YUSAF1.
File DETAILS in DLESTER was replaced.
2 informational messages logged.

I will not be able to correct my input file YUSAF1, but is there any way I can get the file the way I see on F5 into DETAILS ? How to replace the file successfully by getting all the records.

Thank you very much for your help
Donna.

Thanks,

Donna.