From: Scott Feddersen
Sent: Friday, September 21, 2007 10:03 AM
To: 'midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: AES Decryption

I am working on decrypting data from a new version of our POS
software. The data is encrypted using AES, 256 bit, ECB, PKCS5
padding. Upon closing they zip a series of files that we retrieve
with our iSeries. I then unzip these files, parse the data and use
the Qc3DecryptData api to decrypt credit card numbers. I am unable to
decrypt the data, I receive a CPF9DC3 in the error code. We both use
the same 32 byte key string to create the keys. I am able to use the
Qc3EncryptData and Qc3DecryptData apis on my iseries to encrypt and
decrypt a string with the key I create. I supplied the key string and
the encrypted data to a java developer on our team and he was able to
decrypt the data with an application he uses. The encrypted string I
generate with my key is different from the encrypted string created by
the POS software. Some of my parameters are as follows:

Decryption
QC3D0200
QC3BCA = 22; AES
QC3BL = 32; Block Length
QC3MODE = '0'; ECB
QC3PO = '1'; Remove Padding

The key was created in a Key Store with the Qc3WriteKeyRecord.
KEYSTRING =
x'E0E1E2E3E4E5E6E7E8E9EAEBECEDEEEFF0F1F2F3F4F5F6F7F8F9FAFBFCFDFEFF';
KEYSTRINGLEN = 32;
KEYFORMAT = '0'; Binary String
KEYTYPE = 22; AES
DISALLOWFUNC=0; No Disallowed functions