From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Norbut, Jim
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2007 3:46 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Updating a 270 from V5R2 to V5R4

Hi all,

We have a little 270 box that is our test/disaster recovery machine in a
completely different office. It has V5R2 on it currently.

We want to up it to V5R4 (which is the last OS it can handle per IBM)

I have the V5R4 CD's for it and I'm going to send them out there.
But we are going to try and do this remotely with the assistance of
The IT guys in that other office....but they don't really have AS/400 or
iSeries experience.

But we have the Operations Console that I can hook into remotely and do
it.
I'd basically have them there just to swap CD's as needed.

But I've never done a "skip upgrade" before.

Figured I would ask the experts here.....do I need to scour the IBM
Website for apars or white papers on skipping from V5R2 to V5R4.

Anyone had any recent experience on an upgrade such as this
Who wishes to share.

Thanks in advance.