From: midrange-l-bounces+edelong=sallybeauty.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces+edelong=sallybeauty.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Jeff Crosby
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2007 3:17 PM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: CREATE INDEX and name only some columns

Can I create an SQL index and name the columns so that I'm only including
specific columns from the base table instead of all columns?

Or do I need to create a view, and then an index over the view (because a
view can't have a 'key')?

I've been looking for examples creating an index with specific columns,
haven't found any, and therefore I think I can't do it.

Thanks.