I've not seen anything on IBM's websites regarding further P6 boxes. If
anyone was in the know and violated their Non Disclosure Agreements and
said something publicly I am sure IBM legal would not take too kindly to
that. Because you'd be a shining example of IBM's main fear - delayed
revenue's.

I am not really a hardware guy myself so I can't answer the non rack
mounted version. I doubt it though.

You can always get a twinax console, lpar or no. Now, you will still need
a HMC if you are doing any of the following:
- More than one i5/OS lpar
- Capacity Upgrade on Demand.

So if you have a fear of being able to access your system remotely to
check it out,
love to drive in just to do something that I can do from home in my PJs,
hate to have one device to be a console and get into the weird ASMI stuff
that hardware support will occasionally need,
have money burning a hole in your pocket that you'd love to throw at a
twinax card,
feel better if you chew up more open slots by tying them up with obsolete
hardware (like twinax cards),
then by all means avoid the HMC like the plague and stick with Twinax