We are in the process of getting a System i to run V6R1 when it comes
out. Before talking with IBM, I am trying to do a little preliminary
investigation just to get an idea what is out there and what we might
want.

I would like it to be a POWER6 box if possible, to take advantage of the
new processor's capabilities. As I understand it, the 9406-570 is the
only System i POWER6 available at present.

Does anybody have reason to believe that there will be any more System i
POWER6 models available within the next 2 - 3 months? We could probably
wait a couple months if something new & cool is expected.

Do you know if the 570 can be ordered as a stand-alone tower (i.e. not
rack-mounted). I'm looking for something like the feature 7887
"Deskside" option that is available on a 550. I'm looking at
REDP-5052-00 which includes a 570 overview but I'm not a pro at this
hardware stuff and I know some of you do it all the time.

How about a twinax console option for a non-LPAR 570 running only i5/OS?
Is this still available? They will have to pry the twinax console from
my cold, dead hands... ;-)

THANKS in advance,
-Marty