4- Fully agree, there is a very small group of applications that still work
better in a fat client, most application will work better in web.

Raul, do you have examples of solid browser applications that couldn't be
developed better in a fat client? Note that we aren't talking reporting
tools (i.e. display only applications).

I feel like there is a sector of people here that carry two things around in
their pockets - left pocket=water bottle, right pocket=browser Kool-Aid; and
whenever you need a lift you quickly mix the two and announce to the world
that HTML/CSS/Javascript are better than what one could develop in a thick
client?

Can ANYBODY give me an example application? Does somebody have one within
their walls that I could see in a private meeting (I have a GoToMeeting.com
account I can use so I can see your screen)? I just want to see what others
are developing that surpasses a thick client simply because I have NOT seen
anything like what is being said here.

Just because the browser has had a lot of success in the last 5 years
doesn't mean that it is somehow now better than thick clients for enterprise
applications. I wont argue that you could create a reasonable application
in the browser that is pretty fast and can insert and update information in
a database, but to say that it is better than a well developed thick client
equivalent seems off to me.

Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com