Hi Darrell

I am pretty sure Rob's advice (and diagnosis) is on the money. Years ago I used to run System saves and RCLSTG from a terminal in my office that had an entry in QCTL and from which I used to do a TFRJOB into QCTL. I seem to remember that buried in the manuals it tells you that one device can be active in QCTL in a restricted state and that's why this worked. My terminal also was on port 0, but I don't remember whether that was significant or not.

What I DO remember is that when doing a full system reload after one of the <profanities removed> 9332 model 600's had died (4 in a year) then the console at 0,0 was required and could not be overridden or otherwise fooled. I was always comforted by the short cable run to the twinax controller box under the floor and the fact that I had a spare cable under the floor. My console was a memorex and sat on one of the old half height racks that had originally been attached to a system/38.

Regards
Evan Harris