From: vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 9:56 PM
Subject: Re: FTP Questions

Here is some stuff I wrote as a tip for Search400 - it tells how to
set all the possible timeouts for FTP - there are 2 each for server
and client - you want to set the client ones

We know about the inactivity time-out on the FTP server. But there
are three other time-outs that can be set, one for the iSeries FTP
server, and two for the iSeries FTP client.

The TIME server subcommand can specify one or two time-outs. The
first (required) is the inactivity time-out and is the same as the
time-out set with the INACTTIMO parameter of the CHGFTPA command. The
second is called the transfer time-out. This is how long the server
waits on the client on the data connection. Defaults are 300 for the
inactivity time-out -- 420 for the transfer time-out.

It is also possible to change client time-outs, using the debug
subcommand. As with the server, there are two time-outs. The first is
for the control connection. It sets how long the client waits for
server replies. The second is for the data connection. This one sets
how long the client waits for a response on the data connection.
Defaults are 600 and 420 seconds, respectively.

Code

To set the inactivity time-out of an iSeries FTP server to 15 minutes:

QUOTE TIME 900

To set both the inactivity and transfer time-outs of an iSeries FTP
server to 15 minutes:

QUOTE TIME 900 900

To set the inactivity time-out of an iSeries FTP client to 15 minutes:

DEBUG T1 900

To set the transfer time-out of an iSeries FTP client to 15 minutes:

DEBUG T2 900

HT
Vern