On Wed, 22 Nov 2006, Dan wrote:

The trick that would probably do it is to be able to intelligently,
automatically generate the PDFs from the postscript, as I described earlier,
through here.  I think I saw that that ghostview can convert an entire
postscript file to PDF via the command line, so if it can do that for
specified page ranges, I think we could make a lot of people happy.

Anybody know whether Ghostview can take command line parameters:
- Postscript file name
- Page range to print (array of page numbers?)
- PDF file name to output to

There could be some serious kudos here for that kind of magic.

Do you know if your postscript follows the Document Structuring Convention? If it does, that should make writing a postprocessor fairly simple that would do everything you need. Heck - I could even write it for you (and my skills aren't that great or anything).

James Rich

It's not the software that's free; it's you.
        - billyskank on Groklaw