Re: monmsg question

fixed

Simon--

I take issue with your 'overly clean' job logs-- I -want- to see if a data area isn't created. In our environment, every clue that provides insight into why a job had problems is important! I know you'll say that a program that has problems doesn't belong in production (I agree), but the reality says that only a "user" can find the last bugs!

In the case of the data area, if it doesn't exist and it should, or it does but it shouldn't, I -need- to know!

--Paul E Musselman
PaulMmn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

MONMSG after a command should ALWAYS be followed by a RCVMSG to clean
up the job log. If you monitor and therefore handle the exception don't
leave the message cluttering up the job log. It's misleading to see
"Data area MYDTAARA not created" when it didn't cause a problem. Same
goes for "Data area MYDTAARA exists in MYLIB".