RE: HMC controlling two sites.

fixed

Both of our HMC's have but one lan cable coming out of them (just
physically double checked).  They go to the switch.  They call IBM when
there is a hardware issue.  Actually had a call from IBM about a rack
prior to putting any other cables into it.  I can access either HMC
remotely.

HMC Management,  HMC Configuration, Customize Network Settings, Routing,
Default gateway.

QED.