Debbie:

See:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r3/topic/experience/i
pla3.pdf#search=%22QJOBMSGQFL%20QJOBMSGQMX%22

The system values QJOBMSGQMX and QJOBMSGQFL can change the behavior of
long running jobs, causing them to end abnormally if QJOBMSGQFL is set
to *NOWRAP. If you reduce the size of QJOBMSGQMX, you probably want to
set QJOBMSGQFL to *WRAP or *PRTWRAP. Their values can be overridden with
job descriptions and submit job commands.

Do you frequently see messages about "CPF2526 - Job message queue for
"Job #"/"User"/"Job Name" can not be extended. Job ended."? If so, you
*can* change these system values to reduce the number you get, but you
also can change it on a job description or the submit job command, too
to minimize the impact to only the abended job.

If you don't remember the last time you saw the message you probably
don't need to make a change.

Phil Ashe
NetIQ (A division of Attachmate)
1233 West Loop South, Suite 1800 | Houston, TX 77027 USA
713.418.5279 phone
phil.ashe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.netiq.com