Darrell,

The understood unit of measure is simply the acquisition cost /
transaction per minute.

System Information
Total System Cost       11,967,178 US $
TPC-C Throughput                4,016,222
Price/Performance       2.98 US $

$11,967,178 / 4,016,222 = $2.98

I suppose it would be possible for a benchmark to figure actual
operating costs per transaction.  But I doubt it would happen anytime
soon.  Imagine trying to standardize all the variables that go into
operating costs.  Although, it might be interesting to have a
pseudo-operating cost per transaction calculation that included
maintenance costs and electrical usage at full load.

HTH,

Charles Wilt
Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America
ph: 513-573-4343