An additional interesting thought:

One of these 595:
http://www.tpc.org/tpcc/results/tpcc_result_detail.asp?id=106072501
System Information
Total System Cost       11,967,178 US $
TPC-C Throughput                4,016,222
Price/Performance       2.98 US $

Vs.

Sixty-one of these Dell Poweredge servers:
http://www.tpc.org/tpcc/results/tpcc_result_detail.asp?id=106063001
System Information
Total System Cost       64,512 US $
TPC-C Throughput                65,833
Price/Performance       .98 US $

In other words, what would the Price/Performance be of a cluster of the
lowest priced individual systems with the performance of the most
powerful single system.

Charles Wilt
Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America
ph: 513-573-4343