Maybe you signup for the redbook residency

http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/residents.nsf/50da6a28780ffa688525701b004a4f21/9c452617fac17d8c8525707c0048e0bb?OpenDocument&Highlight=0,php

Benefits to Resident
PHP is an exciting technology that has widespread industry support. By
participating in this residency, you will become an expert in understanding
and explaining how this technology runs on IBM i5/OS.

Description
PHP is a programming language that many find easy to learn and use, and it
integrates well into the Web environment. PHP also has built-in database
support.
Support for PHP is being added to the next release of IBM i5/OS. This
support will be added within the OS/400 PASE environment. The port itself
should be relatively straightforward; the most work in the short term will
be in ensuring database integration with the PHP environment.

Objectives
The objective of this residency it to write a redbook that describes the
installation, configuration, porting issues (of other PHP applications to
the iSeries), performance tips, and known best practices. The book may
contain two approaches: one for PHP developers trying to run on the
iSeries, and the other for traditional iSeries experts moving to the PHP
language.

Bryan Dietz
Technical Consultant
Aktion Associates, Inc.