i have read the last one. one holy war per month is enough, even for me =))

>, I'm honestly
> curious. How is it easier? I've done them in .NET and it seems really
> easy to me, but I don't know Java. Can you explain, or post some code?

it goes like this.

write your code with nothing in mind of web services like:

public class ProductInfoService
{
        public String[] getProductDescription(long articleNumber)
        {
                String[] retVal = new String[3];
                // some code

                return retVal;
        }
}

this was coding step one. and now coding step two..... hmm. we are finished
=))) there is nothing more.

you just need a tomcat installation and install apache axis on it as a normal
web application. but that is the server installation and has "nothing" to do
with the web service development.

now i just have to put the source into the axis web application folder and
rename xxx.java to xxx.jws. finished.

i don't think it can't be more straight forward. the steps are easy and they
are few.

i took me about ten minutes to download install tomcat, download and install
apache axis. look through the homepage of axis, write my code and test my first
web service.

i was not looking at a high performance web service environment. just needed a
simple setup for evalution but i was astonished and bewitched by its simplicity.