>> I have a client that needs to force a FTP user to as specific folder
>> prevent them from changing folders. Is the best way an Exit Program
>> are there other better ways?

I would like to say that object level security is the best way... But it
really does not fit the trick here since you'd have to put *EXCLUDE
authorization on ALL other folders and libraries... which is impractical
and actually impossible when you consider that users need some access to
libraries like QSYS, QGPL and QUSRSYS.

So.... YES ... Exit programs are the way to go for this... roll your own
or buy a package...

Dan Riehl
The Powertech Group, Inc.