Jeff wrote:
> I have _never_ been able to initialize a new blank tape in either 3581 I
> have to a name I want.  I have spent hours and hours on more than one
> occasion to no avail.  I have tried INZTAP and INZMEDBRM.  I have
physically
> loaded it into the drive via front panel controls and I have mounted it
thru
> WRKMLBBRM.  The only thing I was ever able to do was initialize to
"BLK001".
> That's it.  I have always ended up doing:

We have a 3581 that we use BRMS to back up our Domino system.  We load the
tape and then do a
ADDMEDBRM VOL(LABEL) MEDCLS(ULTRIUM2) INZ(*YES) DEV(TAP02) CHECK(*NO)
and it works.  We have our drive set up as a device.

The only thing on ours is that it doesn't automatically load the next day's
tape.  We load 8 tapes at a time and remove the previous night's tape each
morning.  As long as we're removing that tape it isn't a big hassle to push
the buttons to load the next tape.  The biggest time would be if we had a
snow day when we couldn't get in to change tapes.  I've had bigger projects
to work on so it hasn't been a priority.

Dave Parnin
Nishikawa Standard Company
Topeka, IN  46571
daparnin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx