I'm not sure about this.  Seriously, I'm the last person to argue using
Wintel instead of iSeries, but my wife's machine has run non-stop since
I loaded it.  I reboot it every three or four days because Windows leaks
memory like a sieve, but the machine is never off.

Personally, I think RAID is only for transaction data -- things that
change.  You don't need RAID or mirroring if the data is fairly static,
you just need a good backup.  In this case, you can back up the PC to
the WD network drive, and still have a 300GB solution for well under
$1000.  PC drive crashes, switch to the network drive and put a new
drive in the PC.  If you're ultra-paranoid, buy a second network drive,
and you're still at about $1100.

Or, if you insist on RAID, Electronix sells a 360GB RAID5 tower for
about $2000 (you can get 1TB for about $3000, or 6TB for $10K).
www.raidweb.com

Joe