We recently installed Itera's Echo2 HA solution. It is very affordable and easy
to use.

-----Original Message-----
From: rob@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:rob@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, May 27, 2005 9:50 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Help me Justify iSeries

Get the DR people to help you with your homework.  There's a reason
they're called Business Partners.  Often IBM has fire sales where you can
buy an i5 at a deeply discounted price providing that you sign the "This
machine is for DR purposes only" form.  Talk to your software vendors.
They should have a discount on the copy of the software on the DR box.
Some don't even charge for it.
http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/hardware/is4ha/

When we get a DR solution this year we plan on running on it every 8 weeks
when we do our scheduled downtime on the other boxes.  After all, we
hotswitch to our domino backup sites on a daily basis.

I think a lot of this decision would be so much easier if IBM would just
buy or develop their own integrated DR solution.  People would feel even
more comfortable with IBM directly behind such an integral product.