midrange-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>   7. Re: IBM "Registered" SoftwareKnowledgeBase (rob)
>
>I had some issues with my passwords over the last two weeks.

Just out of (apparently severely perverse) curiosity, do you use the Registered
SKB? Have you accessed it recently?

>1 - My Passport Advantage user id went bye-bye and Achmad from IBM says we
>must have did it because IBM doesn't make errors.

Haven't been into PassportAdvantage stuff for a few months. I had a need for
Tivoli and it worked well for that. But the sheer lack of iSeries stuff was
very disheartening.

>2 - Some of my support user id's and passwords stopped working and I had
>to get them reset.  At that point I developed a migraine while talking to
>IBM on the phone (a conversion which involved a lot of words my mother
>would not have been proud of) and couldn't read my screen anymore and had
>to go home for a few hours.

Every tenth blue moon or so, I get hold of someone who is somehow related to
what goes on with one IBM web page or another and actually has a clue about it.
Otherwise it's approximately as bad as trying to pay for something you bought
from IBM.

>3 - You chose a "challenge question" awhile back.  And your question was
>that umbrella question.  Which may have made sense years ago when you set
>it up.  Mine reflected my mood with IBM the last time they wanted to f...
>with me.  "Who sucks?"  "IBM".

Well, I gave another try today. I made an educated guess on the <password
reset> page and typed my new password and the confirmation, same as what I
believed my password was to begin with, and up came my complete profile
including the ability to edit it. I assumed I was "In". A couple pages after
that also displayed various little comments in side-bars like "Welcome back,
Tom Liotta."

But when I clicked a link to take me to the Registered SKB, I was sent to "Our
apologies... Your request cannot be displayed" with no explanation. Various
linksgot to a page where I could review entitlements and I apparently had none.

So, I clicked the first link that appeared appropriate -- to review/request
entitlements through PartnerWorld for Developers. Result? "Not Found -- The
requested URL /ramas was not found on this server."

Sigh.

Okay, might as well try another route...

>From a <iSeries Support search> page, I clicked a link for <Search IBM
>technical support>. A link there is labelled <My support>. Clicking that
>currently gets me to a "Sign in..." page -- I can't keep track of how many
>times I've had to 'sign in' using the same userid & password this afternoon.
>Last time I tried this route, maybe half an hour ago, I got another "Sorry,
>cannot display this page" page with "404 Not found" oddly at the end of an
>otherwise neatly formatted page. Love that consistency in a web site.

No matter how I approach it, I cannot tell if the R-SKB actually exists anymore
nor what's needed to access it.

Sigh.

Tom Liotta

--