>as opposed to WinDoze boxes going out of date every
>year or so

I'm curious, what makes a Windows box "go" out of date. Sure, older
boxes may not support newer technology, but if you're looking for a
simple text-based interface, isn't DOS still viable?

To the best of my knowledge, there's nothing in the Windows codebase
that causes the OS to expire, or stop working, after a year or so.
Upgrades are driven by a quest for the new features of new versions
because the business requires them. If the business needs didn't change
I see no reason that the Windows OS would have to.

-Walden

Walden H Leverich III
President & CEO
Tech Software