This is Query/400. Is there a way to force it to packed? Am I going to have to code RPG for this?

I don't know what second-level text is.

Thanks again.

Vernon Hamberg wrote:

Cool. So is this a Query/400 query or an SQL query? In Query/400 you can define a result field and give it length and decimal positions. You can't say what kind of number, it just takes care of that, as I recall.

In SQL you can cast a value to a decimal, which is the same as packed. Just say decimal(number) - you can use optional length and decimal values.

I don't have the original post anymore - do you have second-level text on the message? Is it helpful?