From: Glenn Thompson [mailto:gthompson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2004 1:02 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: DSPFFD *OUTFILE Curiosity

**** Novice Question Alert ****

I am trying to get a file description into a library so that I can query off it for a file conversion project I am attempting (note: more questions to follow on that subject). When I perform a DSPFFD on the file for display on the screen the command works as advertised. When, however, I use the *OUTFILE option my file contains the contents of the file instead of the file description.

Obviously I have erred. Below is the command I'm using. Any insight is welcome.

QSYS/DSPFFD FILE(ATDBASE/CNTLP) OUTPUT(*OUTFILE) OUTFILE(CNTLPPRT)

Thanks

-- Glenn Thompson Senior Analyst American Trouser, Inc. gthompson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx