Re: Field Type 'P' in a query

fixed

Vern,

I'm the one lacking understanding. I believe I have erred in calling the field COMP. It is indeed a packed field. The question is can I define a packed field in a query. And if so how do I do that?

Vernon Hamberg wrote:

'P' means a packed field - but I'm confused - COMP is valid only in logical files, right? Are you trying to insert records through a logical? Hope I'm not displaying ignorance here. Is there something I'm not understanding?

Cheers
Vern

-- Glenn Thompson Senior Analyst American Trouser, Inc. gthompson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx