You can create a .bat file on the pc and then have a cl program do a strpccmd to execute the .bat file.

Dan Bale wrote:

Creating a .CSV file from an AS/400 file and importing that into an Access
db table.  Trying to cut down on the number of manual steps needed to get
from point A to point Z.

Currently, the CSV creation is done via "Data Transfer From iSeries".  We
have .dtf files defined and double-click these to invoke the file transfer
app.  If these .dtf files were on the IFS, how could these be run from a CL
program?  (My memory is quirky today and an archive search turned up no hits
or 2,000,000 hits.)  Links would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I tried CPYTOIMPF, and this works seemingly well, but this method does
not trim trailing blanks from text fields, whereas the "Data Transfer From
iSeries" method does.  I'm not sure if there are any implications of those
differences when the data is imported into Access.  Anybody know?

Finally, this may be a PCTECH question, and I will ask there as well, but
since it is related to this...  Is there an easy and reliable way for a CL
program to invoke the steps that import the CSV into a specific Access
table?  It would have to replace the existing data in the table.

tia,
db

-- This is the Midrange Systems Technical Discussion (MIDRANGE-L) mailing list To post a message email: MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options, visit: http://lists.midrange.com/mailman/listinfo/midrange-l or email: MIDRANGE-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives at http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l.