Re: Daylight Savings Time and NTP

fixed

Does V5R3 support changing the hardware clock as well as the software clock? I bought a software package for about a hundred bucks that does both. Just wondering if I still need it.

Scott Klement wrote:

If our iSeries (v5r2) is syncing to a network time source (CHGNTPA),
will I still need to manually change for daylight savings time?   The
time source changes automatically.

You'll still have to change your QUTCOFFSET sysval from '-0400' to
'-0500' prior to syncing with the time server. (Otherwise, the clock won't
change when the NTP program runs)

-- This is the Midrange Systems Technical Discussion (MIDRANGE-L) mailing list To post a message email: MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options, visit: http://lists.midrange.com/mailman/listinfo/midrange-l or email: MIDRANGE-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives at http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l.