Re: very low end i5 performance

fixed

Jim,

I think for that many users I would want more drives then that. I would spring for 2 more drives, and I think you will find that a great machine. Every iSeries box tends to be I/O bound, and with only 2 drives which are mirrored, I think you are asking for trouble if you have any I/O intensive jobs.

   JMHO

       Pete Massiello

Jim Franz wrote:

Anyone care to comment on experiences
with very low end i5 520 Express Edition 1 w/500cpw,
1 gig memory
2 - 35 gig drives mirrored.
twinax console
30 gb 1/4 in cartridge tape Would be running small office (10-20 users), webfaced rpg application, as well as Apache webserver.
tia
jim franz