        From: Muralidhar Narayana
        Sent: Wed 10/6/2004 8:50 PM
        To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
        Subject: system reply

        Iam actually investigating on the system replies taken for this
paticular job.
        I have a job XDYSODCHK.
        When I do DSPJOB XDYSODCHK and take option 2 to see job definition
attributes
        it is shown as below:
        Inquiry message reply . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :   *RQD

        But the message associated with the error on this job is CPA0701
        when I do
        WRKMSGD CPA0701 &
        Take 5. Display message attributes   it shows as below:

         Default reply  . . . . . . . :   C

        I found when this job was on error, system has taken automatic Reply
'C' which caused finally not updating certain file on friday...

        Iam now confused to determine whether system is taking automatic
replies or not for this job as it shows differently as listed above?
        I want to prevent this in future.....Can some one throw light on this?

        Thanks a lot for your help,