> That's your choice.  But having had IBM replace drives while the system
> stays up and running has been really popular here.

You still call out somebody from IBM to do drive swaps?? We've done that
ourselves (actually, I've done it myself) for quite a few years. And as I
recall, I may have done a hot-swap on part of a mirrored pair. Or I might
have simply done it when it was convenient to re-IPL to DST. I forget, but
it was one or the other; what I do know is that only one of our boxes is
physically hot-swappable anyway.