Hello Narsi,

The error you describe is not in the CL but in the RPG you call from the CL (i assume this is in an RPG because of the RPG0000).
This means that the problem should not be handled in the CL but in the RPG.

To catch (almost) all errors in an RPG, you can code a subroutine with the name *PSSR. This routine will gain control whenever such things as an decimal data error occur. To handle also file errors (duplicate key, record locks) you should specify a KINFSR continuation for the file.

The three lines before ofcourse only give an idea of what is possible to solve your problem, there are other things like autoreplies that could also help you in this particular situation. In short, RTFM on RPG exception/error handling and determine a strategy that works for you.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr/BOOKS/QBKAQV00/2.0
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr/BOOKS/QBKAQU00/4.0

Good luck,

Wim

Bala, Narsi wrote:

Hi all,

I need to trap errors like "Decimal Data Errors" in a CL program. I have a MONMSG CPF0000, MCH0000 and RPG000. Then again, errors like "Decimal Data Error" get thrown on the screen first and only when we enter a response does it get trapped on the MONMSG. How does one stop this ? I should not have any intermediatary error screen that expect user response.

Any help in this regard is highly appreciated.

Thanks
Narsi