Leif Svalgaard knows about this, www.leif.org.
If the reverse fails: Make a copy of each program as a proxy to pass the parameters and set this program to USRPRF owner and for the current programs set USEADPAUT(*YES). . This program would have the following code:

IPGM SDS 429 I *PARMS D#PARM I *PROGRAM D#PGM
C *ENTRY PLIST C PARM PARM01 1 < length not important
C PARM PARM02 1
. ...repeat... .... ...... .
C PARM PARM99 1
*
C MOVEL D#PGM LIBPGM 20 < length
C MOVEL 'library'LIB 10 < original pgm library
C MOVE LIB LIBPGM
* C D#PARM IFEQ 0
C CALL LIBPGM > variable with the actual program location
C ENDIF
...repeat...
C D#PARM IFEQ 99
C CALL LIBPGM
C PARM PARM01
. ...repeat... .... ......
C PARM PARM99
C ENDIF

I hope this helps you ,

regards,

Wim Jongman

CWilt@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Trying to fix problems with security on an old version of BPCS and I've run
into a snag.  I've got a list of 76 programs currently set USRPRF(*USER)
with no observable information.  So when I run a CHGPGM I get a CPF0541 -
Program xxxx in library xxxx not changed.  Apparently a program must have
observable info for CHGPGM to work.

Unfortunately, I don't have the source to some/(all?) of these programs.

It would seem that being able to change from USRPRF(*USER) to USRPRF(*OWNER)
shouldn't technically require observable info and I did find the following
post in the newsgroup:
"If you're referencing the adopted authority of USRPRF(*USER) or of
USRPRF(*OWNER), then service tools can be used to patch the attribute
bytes of the Object Specific Header (XPMHDR) and "brute force" the
USRPRF(*USER)"

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&frame=right&th=6
6d08268acde4def&seekm=4ogtv3%24rsb%40news.aloha.com#link7

I assume the reverse is true (*USER ---> *OWNER) but does anyone have more
info one this method?  I suppose this isn't possible to do via API's?

Thanks,
Charles