Actually, we are a quite complex environment with several iSeries
(v5r2)-with a mixture of old-new and external storage (ESS)- and zSeries
systems connected and exchanging transactions thru DRDA applications. Our
production iSeries is an i830.We are using MIMIX for the replication to our
i825 local HA system and to our disaster site. We decided to move the whole
production storage (iSeries and zSeries) to a DMX2000 which will be
replicated to a DMX1000 at the remote site and at the same time remove all
SPD resources.MIMIX will stay for the high availability.In order to keep
data between the two platforms "quite" synchronized, we had to consider the
use of a feature like SRDF, instead of our nicely performing and reliable
MIMIX. Additionally the splitted BCVS will give us the ability to perform
DRP tests without the need to destroy all backup data. On the other hand
SRDF requires the migration of the LS inside the DMX a procedure not
officially supported by IBM. We also decided to migrate our data by
straspbal (smooth and safe). Our concerns are about the load source
migration and the behavior of the backup system (i825) when it will have to
IPL with a completely different configuration.

EMC claims that their new products are much faster and reliable than IBMs
and so do some independent reports (ex.Gartner storage classification).
These new symmetrix DMXs are FC attached (no scsi). In any case the boxes
will be tested before accepted.

Thanks