I need to run an RPG program on a remote 400 from a source 400.  I also need
to pass parameters for the call and have parameters returned.  I have
researched the RUNRMTCMD command in the archives, but all of the past
messages seem to revolve around PC remote calls.

Here is my situation:
I have a process that runs on my source 400.  If the process fails, it needs
to run a program on the remote 400 that will run a different process.  The
end message depends on the success or failure of the processes.  I need to
pass parameters and receive parameters on the remote call.

Here is what I have done:
I have created a sample program on the remote 400 that returns a simple
value.
I have created a CL program (it will preferably be an RPG program rather
than a CL) to make the remote call.
The remote call works fine, but (of course there is a BUT -- or I would not
be writing this :) ), the return parameter is not passed.

My CL program is as follows:

PGM

DCL        VAR(&SENDPARM) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(1)
DCL        VAR(&RETPARM) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(1)
DCL        VAR(&COMMAND) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(255)

CHGVAR     VAR(&SENDPARM) VALUE('Q')
CHGVAR     VAR(&COMMAND) VALUE('CALL +
             PGM(MSILVERS/TESTRMTCMD)' *BCAT 'PARM("' +
             *CAT &SENDPARM *CAT '")')
RUNRMTCMD  CMD(&COMMAND) RMTLOCNAME(SHIPLEY1) +
             RMTUSER(user) RMTPWD(pass)

ENDPGM

Ideas?

Thanks