From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Andy Nolen-Parkhouse

>Or maybe something is connected improperly.  When you display your
>hardware, what controller handles the optical drive?
>Regards,
>Andy Nolen-Parkhouse

in the dst menu, optical device, the following displays:
  OPT01       type:6321    model: 002
  logical addr:
    spd bus   bus:0001  board:0000  card:0001
  storage:
    i/o bus nbr:0000  controller:0006  dev addr:0000

when I poke around in Hardware service manager, failed and non reporting
logical hardware resources, the following displays:
  tape unit     6386-001   serial nbr: 00-58276

on the WRKHDWRSC *STG display:
   DC01         2748-001
     dd001      6717          operational
     dd002      6713          operational
     opt01      6321          operational
     tap01      6386          not detected

I do have a #6382 tape to install.  Should I delete the #6386 tape device?
>From the hardware service manager display?

thanks,

Steve