Buck,

Let me get this straight.  By front-ending the iSeries with a PC,  you only
see a 10% performance improvement?  Why add the PC to the configuration?

Actually, I think you're saying that the CPU in the PC is faster than the
CPU in the 820, which is probably true.  My question is when given a complex
Web workload, which would perform better?

Of course, if you were using efficient native iSeries interfaces rather than
Java, you'd probably be seeing 500% to 1000% performance improvement ;-)

Nathan M. Andelin
www.relational-data.com